Positional roulette is a newer method of choosing bets at the roulette table that was developed by Jack Kennedy, a seasoned roulette player.
He described the method of play in his book called “Square Ro-let,” which was published in 1998. Since the release of the book, many people have adopted Kennedy’s method of betting on roulette with success, and you can try it out at online casino tables to see how it works for you.
What makes positional roulette different than a lot of other roulette systems is that it is not a progression method of play. This means that when you use positional roulette you do not map out a strategy and bet on spins in a progressive way to win the game.
Instead, each bet stands alone. The method is meant to improve your odds of winning on a single spin. This makes positional roulette an easy method to use if you are at a brick and mortar casino and only want to play one or two spins of roulette and have the best chances of winning when you do.
You can use the positional roulette method on a European or an American roulette wheel, but the numbers that you would bet would be different on each type of wheel because the two types of wheels are laid out differently.
For this explanation of the positional roulette method, we will use an American roulette wheel.
Before you place a bet using positional roulette, you need to watch the previous spin and take note of what number wins. Then you will bet on either 4 or 8 numbers. If you bet on 8 numbers, you will have a higher likelihood of winning, but you will stand to lose more if the ball doesn’t land on any of your numbers. One of the best tips for using this roulette system, is to decide for yourself how much you want to risk.
To select the numbers:
- Find the number that won on the roulette wheel. For our example, let’s say that the number 9 is what won on the last spin. On an American roulette wheel, the number 9 is red.
- To choose your numbers, you would then pick the next 4 or 8 red numbers that lie counter clockwise or clockwise to the 9 because the 9 was red. You could bet any of the four combinations:
- 30, 7, 32 and 5 (4 numbers clockwise)
- 30, 7, 32, 5, 34, 3, 36 and 1 (8 numbers clockwise)
- 14, 23, 16 and 21 (4 numbers counterclockwise)
- 14, 23, 16, 21, 18, 19, 12 and 25 (8 numbers counterclockwise)
For your first bet at the table, this is all that you need to do. After the first spin, you would start over with the new winning number keeping the following in mind:
- If you happened to win on one of your numbers, keep your bet on that number and then choose the next 3 or 7 counterclockwise or clockwise numbers.
- Do not pick the number that won that previous spin in your group of 4 or 8 numbers if you did not win.
- If you remain at the table through many spins, track the numbers and do not bet on any numbers that did not win during the last 37 or 38 spins of the roulette wheel. You would simply skip this number.
- You can choose to play the zero if you wish, but only if you use it as the first or last number in your set. Otherwise, you should avoid betting on zero.
Now that you know the basics of the positional system of roulette, you can try it out at an online casino and see how it works for you.