For people who wish to play roulette and also not lose, follow any of the below mentioned roulette methods to ensure that you seem cool and also practice. There are some commonly used strategies as well among roulette players such as the James Bond strategy or the Martingale strategy, which are highly popular. These roulette strategies will definitely increase your chances of winning. However, none of the strategies will guarantee that you will make money.
Learn more on how to win more often on the roulette, by reading the article below.
METHOD 1 – The Martingale Strategy
This strategy is widely used while playing roulette and it is based on the sole principle of increasing your bet two-fold each time you lose, where the probability of winning and losing are equal.
So, if you win any of the games, it will ensure that you will have recovered all the money you had lost previously, also leaving a small amount of profit. Similar to the odds of getting a heads when you flip a coin, stick to one color and continue betting on it. Double the bets even if you lose initially and there will be one time when you will recover all your losses.
However, this method has a few drawbacks as well. It is known as gambler’s fallacy. You cannot ensure that a particular color will win the next round only because it has consecutively won in the past few times. Also, each time, the chance of you winning is only 50% in every spin. Also, due to 0 and 00, it is less than a 50% chance.
Another major drawback of this roulette system is that, when you keep on losing, you will reach a stage where you lose all your money or you will reach the maximum bet amount. You cannot win even after this and eventually, you will spiral into a huge loss.
- Search for the roulette table with a small minimum bet and a high maximum bet allowed. This way, you can start from a small amount and keep on doubling it until you lose.
- Start by betting only small amounts either on black or red, odd or even, 1-18, 19-36 etc, as there are 37 pockets available in the American roulette, due to which the chances of you winning will be higher when you play such bêtes.
To understand this approach better, assume that your bet is either red or black and not even or odd or 1-18 or 19-36.
- Once you win, you can save your winnings and start playing with the same amount you bet earlier. This way, you will at least have something to leave the casino with, rather than nothing. At the end of the day, even a small gain is better than losing.
- If you lose the bet, double the bet based on your last loss and bet on the same color again. This way, if your color wins, you will be making whatever you had lost in the previous round.
- Once you win your second bet, collect whatever you have won and place a fresh bet of the small amount you had played with in the start, or simply leave the casino. This way, you will have nothing to lose, and there will be only chances of winning, as you would already have kept your winnings separately.
- If you continue losing, keep doubling the bet.
- Continue with the above mentioned steps either until you lose all your money or until you hit the maximum allowed on the table. This way, you will definitely have better chances of winning compared to following of no strategy.
You can see us use the martingale roulette system ourselves, in the video on this page: Roulette system – Martingale in use.
METHOD 2 – The Reverse Martingale Strategy
- In this strategy, you will be increasing your bets with every win and will be lowering your bet every time you lose. This strategy is just the opposite of Martingale Strategy. With this approach, if you are winning, you can keep your winning streak high, and if you are losing, you can lower your losses by lowering your bets.
- It is recommended to play this on a roulette table that has a small minimum bet and a high maximum bet allowed.
- To start with, you can bet a small amount on black or red, even or odd, 1-18 or 19-36. We simplify this method assuming that you will place your bet on black or red.
- If you lose, bet the same amount and continue choosing the same color for each spin.
- Suppose you choose black and you win, double your bet amount and choose the same color.
If you win again, continue doing this and if you continue your streak for the next 14 spins, this is how your earnings will look like:
+ 1 – 2 – 4 – 8 – 16 – 32 – 64 – 128 – 256 – 512 – 1024 – 2048 – 4096 – 8192.
- When you are on your winning streak and lose, it is slightly tricky. You would have lost all the money you would have won in your previous streaks. Hence, you will have to call it a quit whenever you feel you have won good, or start again by betting the minimum amount on any color.
METHOD 3 – The D’Alembert Strategy
- When compared to Martingale or Reverse Martingale, The D’Alembert Strategy is relatively safer and the bets here vary based on arithmetic progression instead of the geometric progressions we made in the case of Martingale strategies. As per The D’Alembert Strategy, whenever you lose, you will only increase your bet by 1 instead of doubling it.
- Initially, start by betting small and select a particular color. In this case, you can also place your bets on numbers between 1-18 or 19-36 as the betting system here is even.
- Each time you lose, increase your bet by one and spin again. If you win, decrease your bet by one and play again. For equal number of wins and losses, you will have made more than the initial money you have paid.
Consider the example where you start with a $5 bet you place. If you lose, place $6 on the same number or color. If you lose again, place a bet of $7. Likewise, if you win when you have bet $7, your next bet will be of $6. Now see what happens as a net result of all the moves:
5 – 6 + 7 + 6 = +2.
You will still end up being in a profit of $2.
- Whenever you have an equal number of wins and losses, call it quits and walk away with your money. If you continue losing, wait until you end up having an equal number of wins and losses. The ultimate key in this method is to have equal number of wins and losses, which will ensure that you have more money than you started. You can then start again by betting the minimum amount.
METHOD 4 – The Fibonacci Strategy
- To use the Fibonacci Strategy, you will have to know how Fibonacci series work. This is based on the work of Leonardo Pisano Bigollo, who gave us the interesting sequence of Fibonacci numbers.
Fibonacci series can be obtained by starting with 1 and 1, and then the next number of the series is obtained by adding the preceding two numbers.
The Fibonacci series starts and continues this way:
1 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 5 – 8 – 13 – 21 – 34 – 55 – 89 – 144 – 233 – 377 – 610.
Similarly, in The Fibonacci Strategy, the key is to add the last two bets and place your next bet. Due to this, you can end up being profitable even you if lose more games than you have won. However, the major flaw associated with this strategy is that, you will lose more money when you go higher in the Fibonacci sequence. So, you will have to carefully call it quits and not go on increasing your bet.
- You can start by placing a small bet either on black or red. As the chances of placing bets are even when you follow the Fibonacci strategy, you are free to place your bets on numbers as well.
- When you lose, you will still have to continue following the sequence. Suppose you have bet $1 initially and lost, you will bet $1 again. If you lose the second time as well, you will have to bet $1 + $1 = $2.
However, when you win, you will have to step two bets behind in your sequence and start with the bet again. Given below is a real case simulation of how playing with Fibonacci strategy will help you stay in profit:
- Bet on Red, $4 — lose
- Bet on Red, $4 — lose
- Bet on Red, $8 — lose
- Bet on Red, $12 — lose
- Bet on Red, $20 — win
- Bet on Red, $8 — lose
- Bet on Red, $12 — win
- Bet on Red, $4 — win
- Bet on Red, $4 — win
The net result would be – 4 – 4 – 8 – 12 + 20 – 8 + 12 + 4 + 4 = + $4
You would still be in a profit of $4 despite having lost five times and winning only four times.
METHOD 5 – The James Bond Strategy
- This strategy was devised by the author of the James Bond series, Ian Fleming and apparently, this is a foolproof strategy to win and you will definitely be able to afford a good dinner if you follow this method daily, as per the author. However, you will have to chip in at least $200 or its multiples when you want to play using this strategy.
- You should place $140 or its multiple on the high numbers (19-36).
- $50 or its multiple should be placed on 6 numbers 13-18.
- $10 or its multiple on 0 for insurance.
Now, analyze all the outcomes. If luck is not on your side, you will lose all your money and you can start playing using the Martingale method as mentioned above. If not, you would still be in profit, as listed below:
- For pockets 19-36 you would have won $80 or its’ multiple.
- For pockets 13-18 you would have won $100 or its’ multiple.
- For 0 pockets, you would have won $160 or its’ multiple.